Tuesday, May 21, 2013

White Out



I was struck by these all white looks worn by Solange Knowles, Iman and Zoe Saldana recently. Solange is pictured at the Cannes film festival in a Stephane Rolland jumpsuit. Iman is a wearing a crop top and wide leg pants at Kerry Washington's Elle cover party and Zoe Saldana is in an Elie Saab jumpsuit at the Mexican premiere of Star Trek Into Darkness.

I've picked out some white separates and jumpsuits to create looks inspired by these ladies' outfits.



White Out


Parker top
shopbop.com


Helmut lang top
shopzoeonline.com


Zara top
zara.com



Alice olivia
saksfifthavenue.com


Vince wide leg pants
saksfifthavenue.com




Club monaco
clubmonaco.com


Rebecca taylor
rebeccataylor.com


BCBGMAXAZRIA wide leg jumpsuit
bcbg.com



I previously thought there was an age limit to crop tops but Iman looks so good in hers I've changed my mind. I now think it is just about how the cropped the top is and what the top is paired with. 

See how they all wore a bright lip with these stark white outfits? Look to matte red lipsticks like Mac's Ruby Woo,  Nars' Jungle Red and Wet n' Wild Stoplight Red for a similar look.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in a bit of a white phase myself lately. I love how clean it looks. Accessories and shoes really shine against a white background. I'm not sure I can pull off a bold lip, I may try it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it! There are also some lovely bold oranges and pinks now. Try one.

      Delete