Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fashion Finds: Duaba Serwa






Goodness gracious, this dress is lovely. 

I love prints, especially prints involving the color blue. The fact that this dress incorporates both, is strapless and made of African (Ankara) fabric makes it all the better. I saw it when I was viewing images of Ghana fashion & design week and had to research the designer. She is a Ghanaian designer named Nelly Aboagye and her fashion line is Duaba Serwa.

all images are from tumblr (http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/duaba-serwa).











 
Look at the beading on this! It is so intricate and neatly done.

These are my favorite looks but she has many more beautiful pieces. The collection is sophisticated, figure flattering and classic with a modern twist. I am looking forward to seeing some pieces in person when I am in Ghana.

Please check out some additional images on the lovely Ciaafrique's blog.

2 comments:

  1. I could swear I left a comment . . . Damn iPad.

    I love all these shapes. If you see this designer's work in Ghana, you have to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is my plan to visit her shop and take tons of photos. everything is gorgeous.

      Delete