Sunday, May 5, 2013

Gold Waisted



                                                          Stella McCartney Saskia gown

I first noticed this gold plate belt on this beautiful Stella McCartney gown. You don't normally think of belting an evening gown but this flowed beautifully. Because the belt is a plain belt with a simple metal shield it works well against most outfits. It defines the waist and adds a touch of glam. I especially like belts like this when paired with fit and flare dresses and jumpsuits.

I've included a few options at various price points













2 comments:

  1. I like this trend. I saw a Martin Margiela belt a few months ago that had a gold front and lusted after it, and it sold out in my size almost instantly. I never thought about it as an evening accent but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also never thought it of it as an evening accent but it is a great idea when paired with the right dress.

    ReplyDelete